Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Upgrades - more

I think I've decided that first I need to do something with the case that I have now. There are some problems with it anyway. First, the CPU is really hot. Like 72 degrees C hot! Second, its pretty old and was made before there were Pentium 2 processors so it doesn't have the cooling capacity anyway for a hotter processor. Three, it doesn't have proper ports on the back. The last mainboard I had didn't have ports that lined up so I tossed the back panel piece. I did make some upgrades to this case that make me happy. I cut an Autobot symbol in to the side of the case, and then I glued a thin piece of plexiglas in to it as a window. The glass is painted with a red glitter paint that is mostly translucent. I'll post a picture later. I also painted the entire case a nice color of glossy royal blue. I think it looks kind of cool myself, but it is bigger than I need for the mATX board. Maybe I should think about a new case before bother with the SGI mods.

No comments: