Monday, January 28, 2008

Nov 16? Really?

Wow, I'm bad at this.

Anyway, I'm still toughing out Vista. I actually like the eye candy, and the IO seems better. I don't like that I can't turn off the windows indexing permanently, but if I just let the machine go for a little while so that it indexes when I'm not watching it, its not too bad.

I can't believe how hard the AI is in Supreme Commander sometimes. I just played a 2 human vs 4 computer AI battle and we were destroyed. 6 nukes total, 5 in one shot and then 1 later. I wasn't even on the third tech level yet.

As for my Vista experience, I'm really not happy that ZoneAlarm conflicts with multicast. I've spent time writing a test program to prove that the reason ZoneAlarm doesn't work with the Tivo Desktop software is because the multicast to loopback is totally blocked by it. I haven't checked in the past 20 days to see if its fixed yet, but it wasn't in the last beta a tried.

No comments: